SCARA Robot IXA, IXP & IX Series
- New Highest Speed Series Added! -
IXA SCARA Robot
Short Arm type & Dust/Splash-proof type added!
Catalog #: CE0256-3A (0220)
* Fastest in the Industry
* Achieves lower price
* Low Vibration, accurate positioning
* Equipped with a battery-less Absolute Encoder as standard
|Type||Model||Number of axes||Arm length (mm)||Vertical stroke
cycle time (s)
cycle time (s)
|1st arm||2nd arm|
- New Cost-Effective Series Added! -
PowerCON SCARA IXP Series and MSEL Controller
Cleanroom specification and Dust-proof / Splash-proof specification Now Available
Catalog #: CE0219-5A (1217)
Introducing new Cleanroom specification and Dust-proof / Splash-proof specification, and additional arm lengths 180/250/550/650mm are also available in cost-effective IXP Series. All models come standard with battery-less absolute encoders.
See Digest of IX Series
Super-Large SCARA Robot IX-1000/1200 Catalog (1st Edition)
Catalog #: CJ0198-1A-UST-1-0313 (3.1 MB)
The latest addition to our offerings is the super-large SCARA series boasting an arm length of 1200 mm and payload of 50 kg, both of which are the largest among all our SCARA robots.
Catalog #: CJ0150-1A-UST-1-1109 (9.6 MB)
The new IX High-speed SCARA has been improved to achieve higher speeds and reduced cycle times. The easy to program SCARA is offered in a wide variety of sizes and mounting options.
Catalog #: ZR-UST-1-0309
Pages: 11 (2.4 MB)
The ZR Unit offers high-speed vertical and rotation motion; the perfect addition to a 2-axis system. Available in two sizes to suit your application.
Catalog #: CJ0096-1A (May 2006) (1.7 MB)
A Palm-Sized unit capable of driving a maximum payload of 1kg. New models of 180-mm arm length and cleanroom specification were added to the lineup, further extending the utility and applications of the IX-NNN / NNC series.
Off-the-shelf SCARA robots for every application
- Wall & ceiling mount
- Water resistant
- High speed
- Longer z-axis
IX SCARA (Selective Compliant Assembly Robot Arm) robots are ideal for high speed, precision operations such as sealing, dispensing, parts insertion, assembly, and more.
[Watch SCARA Demo Videos]
With 16 new SCARA models, integrating the IX SCARA robots into your design and application is now easier than ever!
Easy to Use
- No programming experienced required
- Built-in palletizing
- 3D path capability
Easy to Integrate
- Vision (compatible with all major vision systems)
- Cleanroom models
- Wall & ceiling mount models
|IX SCARA Models||SCARA Stroke (mm)|
|High Speed SCARA|
|Water & Dust Resistant SCARA|
|Ceiling Mount SCARA|
|Wall Mount SCARA||
|Longer Z-Axis SCARA|
IX SCARA Robot Series Features
- Best of Class variety of off-the-shelf SCARA robot models (cleanroom, water resistant, wall mount, & more)
- X-SEL® controller for exceptionally easy programming, calibration and troubleshooting
- Absolute encoders (standard)
- Profibus, DeviceNet, CC-Link, & Ethernet Network Communication
- Z-axis "Push" function for easy control of compression force and torque
- Award-winning path control and 3D path capability
- Interference check zones: User-defined outputs turn on when a zone is violated (you can set as many as 10 zones)
- Easy connector access and cable management
- I/O, pneumatic, and electrical connections conveniently positioned at the top of the unit for easy access
- Hollow vertical Z-axis for convenient routing of electrical cables and pneumatic lines for end-effectors
- Alarm LED lights located on the top face of the robot for clear and immediate indication of any problems
- Brake-release button also located at top to facilitate manual teaching of points
SCARA Robot Specifications
With a current maximum horizontal reach of 800 mm and a maximum vertical reach of 300 mm, the IX Series SCARA robots features a maximum payload capability of 10 kg and a maximum speed of over 7000 mm per second.
- Maximum speed of 7121mm/sec
- Minimum cycle time less than 0.5 seconds*
- Maximum rated payload of 10 kg
- Full interpolated path motion capability
- Minimum positioning repeatability of ±0.015 mm
- Vertical axis with 200 or 300 mm stroke and 360° rotation
*Based on a 1" upward move, 12" horizontal move, 1" down move and return using the IX-500-200 SCARA robot.
SCARA Controller Features
Using an enhanced version of IAI's SEL programming language (specifically designed for non-programmers), the acclaimed X-SEL® controller takes advanced applications and makes them plug & play easy.
You will dramatically reduce your engineering time and costs with the built-in-commands that simplify traditionally tedious programming tasks related to palletizing, dispensing, machine vision integration, and more.
Ethernet networking, high speed multi-tasking, synchronous drive control, infinite motion, expandable I/O and a unique "Push" function (for control of compression and torque) are just some of the benefits you get using the X-SEL® controller.
Truly User-Friendly Software
- Assign your own names to all points & variables
- Run operations line-by-line for easy fine-tuning and de-bugging
- Control torque and compression with the innovative "Push" function
- Teach just 3 points then use the "Palletize" command to have the controller calculate the rest