IXP & IX SCARA Robots Series
Catalog #: CJ0219-1A-UST-1-0814 (5.2 MB)
Introducing the Cost-effective Pulse Motor Type IXP to the IX Series of SCARA Robots
1. Due to pulse motors, the IXP costs around 1/2 a conventional model
2. All models come standard with battery-less absolute encoders
3. The robot weights approx. 30% less than a conventional model
4. Added 3-axis specification and 4-axis gripper specification
Off-the-shelf SCARA robots for every application
- Wall & ceiling mount
- Water resistant
- High speed
- Longer z-axis
IX SCARA (Selective Compliant Assembly Robot Arm) robots are ideal for high speed, precision operations such as sealing, dispensing, parts insertion, assembly, and more.
[Watch SCARA Demo Videos]
With 16 new SCARA models, integrating the IX SCARA robots into your design and application is now easier than ever!
Easy to Use
- No programming experienced required
- Built-in palletizing
- 3D path capability
Easy to Integrate
- Vision (compatible with all major vision systems)
- Cleanroom models
- Wall & ceiling mount models
|IX SCARA Models||SCARA Stroke (mm)|
|High Speed SCARA|
|Water & Dust Resistant SCARA|
|Ceiling Mount SCARA|
|Wall Mount SCARA||
|Longer Z-Axis SCARA|
IX SCARA Robot Series Features
- Best of Class variety of off-the-shelf SCARA robot models (cleanroom, water resistant, wall mount, & more)
- X-SEL® controller for exceptionally easy programming, calibration and troubleshooting
- Absolute encoders (standard)
- Profibus, DeviceNet, CC-Link, & Ethernet Network Communication
- Z-axis “Push” function for easy control of compression force and torque
- Award-winning path control and 3D path capability
- Interference check zones: User-defined outputs turn on when a zone is violated (you can set as many as 10 zones)
- Easy connector access and cable management
- I/O, pneumatic, and electrical connections conveniently positioned at the top of the unit for easy access
- Hollow vertical Z-axis for convenient routing of electrical cables and pneumatic lines for end-effectors
- Alarm LED lights located on the top face of the robot for clear and immediate indication of any problems
- Brake-release button also located at top to facilitate manual teaching of points
SCARA Robot Specifications
With a current maximum horizontal reach of 800 mm and a maximum vertical reach of 300 mm, the IX Series SCARA robots features a maximum payload capability of 10 kg and a maximum speed of over 7000 mm per second.
- Maximum speed of 7121mm/sec
- Minimum cycle time less than 0.5 seconds*
- Maximum rated payload of 10 kg
- Full interpolated path motion capability
- Minimum positioning repeatability of ±0.015 mm
- Vertical axis with 200 or 300 mm stroke and 360° rotation
*Based on a 1″ upward move, 12″ horizontal move, 1″ down move and return using the IX-500-200 SCARA robot.
SCARA Controller Features
Using an enhanced version of IAI’s SEL programming language (specifically designed for non-programmers), the acclaimed X-SEL® controller takes advanced applications and makes them plug & play easy.
You will dramatically reduce your engineering time and costs with the built-in-commands that simplify traditionally tedious programming tasks related to palletizing, dispensing, machine vision integration, and more.
Ethernet networking, high speed multi-tasking, synchronous drive control, infinite motion, expandable I/O and a unique “Push” function (for control of compression and torque) are just some of the benefits you get using the X-SEL® controller.
Truly User-Friendly Software
- Assign your own names to all points & variables
- Run operations line-by-line for easy fine-tuning and de-bugging
- Control torque and compression with the innovative “Push” function
- Teach just 3 points then use the “Palletize” command to have the controller calculate the rest
Comments are closed.