- Capable of operating up to 8 axes -
- DeviceNet master function (RC Gateway function) -
- Supports EtherCAT and EtherNet/IP -
8-axis Programmable Controller
that's very User-friendly
1. Capable of operating up to 8 axes
In interpolation mode, this programmable controller can operate up to eight axes of any combination of single-axis, Cartesian and SCARA robots. This configuration reduces the installation space and equipment size compared to when two conventional 4-axis controllers are operated.
Programming is also easy, because a single command operates all eight axes.
2. DeviceNet master function (RC Gateway function)
Up to 16 axes operated by DeviceNet PCON/ACON/SCON, MSEP and/or MSCON controllers can be connected and operated from an XSEL programmable controller using its program.
Up to 24 axes, including the eight axes connected to the XSEL controller, can be operated with a single controller, and since peripherals can also be controlled by I/Os, PLC is no longer necessary and consequently the cost can be reduced.
* Similar control is also possible via RS232 communication instead of using DeviceNet.
3. Supports EtherCAT and EtherNet/IP
EtherCAT and EtherNet/IP are now supported in addition to DeviceNet, CC-Link and ProfiBUS.
"DeviceNet, CC-Link or ProfiBUS(*)", "EtherCAT or EtherNet/IP(*)" and "DevicNet Master Function" can be used simultaneously.
* For the functions used simultaneously, select one of DeviceNet, CC-Link and ProfiBUS, and select either EtherCAT or EtherNet/IP.
4. IA net function
XSEL controllers (*) can be interconnected via network to perform I/O communication between the controllers.
I/Os can be added using the expansion I/O unit.
Since all controllers connected to the IA net permit data monitoring and input using the PC software connected to a single controller, this setting is ideal for systems that use multiple programmable controllers, etc.
(*) XSEL-R / RX / RXD / S / SX / SXD controllers can be connected.