|Automotive / Machine Tools|
|Semi-automatic Machine for Inspection and Testing of Connector Application Example|
- A semi-automatic machine that performed inspection and continuity testing for a press fit connector used for an automotive sensor, which used conventional air cylinders, now uses ROBO Cylinders
- The system process includes:
- Conveyance unit
- Press fitting the connector
- Continuity test & inspection
- Marking process for parts that pass
- By changing to electric actuators, the cycle time has improved by 36% and reduced the running costs by approximately $262,700 over 3 years.
We reduced the costs by approximately $262,700: $44,600 equipment + $216,600 personnel expenses + $1,500 cost of equipment: a total of 3 years.
Notes: Exchange rate: 100 yen = 1 USD, Dollar amounts rounded to the nearest $100