Motorizing the feed process increased production, and significantly lowered electricity and labor costs.
|Cutting Cords to Variable Specified Lengths - CT-Effects Application Example|
|[ Robot/Electric Actuators ]|
[Issues until now]
- Air cylinders were used to feed a cord to a specified length.
- It took time to manually adjust the stopper position each time the product type was changed. (About 5 minutes per changeover = 1 hour/day)
- It was difficult to cut the correct length, causing workers to repeatedly inspect and adjust the cutting.
[Improved with Motorization]
- Manually adjusting the stopper position was totally eliminated. Adjustments are now done by entering the feed amount on a touch panel. Manual changeovers are a thing of the past.
- Using a value command function in the ROBO Cylinder made it easy to cut lengths of specified varieties. The manual labor for adjustments was significantly reduced.
- Production was increased from 7 hours per day to 8 hours.
- Reducing the number of steps also reduced labor costs.
|Reduced the man-hours needed for:
- changeover time: 60 minutes/day
- cut inspection and adjustment time: 120 minutes/day
|→ Total of 3 hours/day|
- Labor Time of 3 hours/day (times 250 days/year)
- 3 hours X $10 X 250 days
|If labor costs $10/hour
→ Annual Savings of $7,500
*Exchange Rate: 1(USD)=100(Japanese Yen)
Electricity costs reduced with motorization
(Example)Work load: 3kg, Moving distance: 200m
Cycle time: 3 sec. One-day running time: 8 hours
Annual operation days: 250 days
Unit Price: (Air) $0.24/ｍ3 (Electric) $0.15/KWH
|〈 Annual Electricity Costs 〉Approximately 95% reduced|
(Cylinder inner diameter φ25mm)