|Food Processing / Medical / Etc.|
|Container Sealing Application Example|
- This operation was previously performed using two air cylinders to heat seal the neck of the container. Since it used two independently driven cylinders, they were not synchronized. Thus, the exact position that they sealed at was inconsistent, it was difficult to apply the same amount of heat each time, and this contributed to product non-conformance.
By replacing the air cylinders with a ROBO Cylinder electric gripper, better quality
can be achieved.
- The heat sealing is more stable due to the finger synchronization.
- The heat time can be adjusted more precisely.
- By replacing with the electric actuator gripper, the approaching speed was increased, and was able to reduce the cycle time by 25% and thus increase production from 2,000 to 2,500 containers.
- One XSEL controller is used to control two 3-axis Cartesian robots and the vision system is directly connected to the XSEL controller so the whole system is built without a PLC.