|Industry: Electronic equipment / Home Appliances|
Inspection Process Costs were Reduced!
· Touchscreen tablet
· Touch the display on the touchscreen with a pen (touch inspection). This is the process of inspecting the deviation between the touch position and reaction position.
· Personnel operated the touch pen and inspected each tablet. Working time: 2 minutes / unit
· Two people were needed for the required production volume (500 units / day). 500 units × 2 minutes ÷ 480 minutes (8 hours) = 2.1 ≒ 2 people / day.
[Improvement by adopting Tabletop robots]
· We were able to automate the touch inspection process.
· It is now possible to conduct two inspections in parallel using 1 minute for the automated touch inspection. (Two tabletop robots were installed.)
[Results of Improvement]
· By automating the touch inspection, one person can now inspect twice as many units as before.
· Personnel costs were reduced to half.
→ *Process cost reduction for the 1st year: $22,815
(*Based on case study in Japan.)
Related product information
Actuators: Tabletop Robot TT-C3