Changing an air cylinder to ROBO Cylinder improved the cycle time for the solution application process.
|Papers /Films/Wires/Building Materials|
|Changing an air cylinder to ROBO Cylinder improved the cycle time for the solution application process - CT-Effects Application Example|
|[ Actuator ]|
- [Issues until now]- Air Cylinders were used to move the syringe to apply solution to the copper wires.
- Uneven amounts of solution were supplied to the felt when low speeds caused instability.
- In an attempt to fix the unevenness, the discharge amount was increased but became excessive. This caused failures that led to Choco Tei* in the process.
* Choco Tei = Stopping for a brief period, Idling in production line.
See brief video description.
- [Improvement Details]The ROBO Cylinder stabilized the movement of the syringe and fixed the unevenness.
- [Improvement Results]- Saved the amount of solution used
- Eliminated Choco Tei in the process
Cycle Time Improved:
Choco Tei Reduced: