Production Amount per Day:
560 ⇒ 940 pieces: ⇒ Productivity Improvement of 68%
|Electronic Components / Applicator|
|Adhesive Applicator - CT-Effects Application Example|
|[ Robot/Electric Actuators ]
||[ Controllers ]
|RCP2-SA7C (2 axes)||PSEL|
An apparatus for applying an adhesive to the cover of lamp lights and an indicator light in the manufacturing of electronic components.
Z axis: ISB-MXL
Dispensing of the adhesive: RCP2-RA10C
[Problems of the air cylinder used]
- They were dispensing the adhesive by using the air cylinder. The dispensing rate was changed because the air pressure was unstable and the adhesive was interrupted or lumped.
- The viscosity of the adhesive changes under the conditions such as temperature, so that it took time to adjust the dispensing pressure.
- Defective parts were made when the adhesive that attached to the work parts formed adhesive strings that weren’t cut off after dispensing.
[Benefits of the electric actuator]
- The 45 seconds cycle time has been reduced to 30 seconds because the amount of adhesive dispensed always stayed stable.
- This enabled the supply of adhesive to be stable all day after trial testing each morning.
- The failure rate due to adhesive dispensing reduced to almost zero from about 10 pieces a day since they set movement to cut clean the dispensed adhesive. This movement was of the electric actuator in the vertical direction and the slide table.
[CT Effects - Reduction in Cycle Time/Choco Tei]
|Project Comparison||Equipment with the air cylinder||Equipment with the ROBO Cylinder|
|Cycle Time||45 seconds||30 seconds|
|Duration of Choco-Tei per event||60 minutes / day||60 minutes / day|
|Production per day||560 pieces (*1)||940 pieces (*2)|
(*1) When the air cylinder was used: (8 hours - 1 hour Choco-Tei) ÷ 45 seconds = 560 pieces per day
(*2) When the ROBO Cylinder was used: (8 hours - 10 minutes) ÷ 30 seconds = 940 pieces per day